We love bananas in this household but some always end up getting too ripe (even for me) so then I make yummy treats with them and everyone at work tells me how great I am. Its awesome! As usual..these are totally easy and dont require a big mixer or anything too fancy.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 small bananas
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp veg oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Set your oven to 350. Line your cupcake pan with liners or use those neat little silicone ones (reusable! woot! save the planet!)
2. In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In food processor (or by hand..I didnt mess with the f.p. despite loving it) blend banana and buttermilk until the banana is broken up. Let me tell you a little thing about buttermilk also..don't waste your money buying a whole carton of it. Measure out some milk to very close to 1/4 of a cup, then fill the rest with lemon juice and let it sit for a few minutes. Its the same thing. Little tips. Im full of them.
3. Combine banana mix with eggs, veggie oil and vanilla. Fold the dry mix into the wet mix.
4. Scoop into muffin tins (or a loaf pan if you're too lazy for cucpakes) and bake for 20-25 mins. (Note..I dont really bake by a timer. I just keep checking and pressing them until they are done, and by pressing I mean I push it and if it springs back its ready..if it sinks in its not...so 20 minutes could be an exaggeration)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
6oz or 3/4 package cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 stick room temperature butter
2-4 cups powdered sugar
1. Combine cream cheese, vanilla and butter. Beat until creamy. Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar. Add 2-3 more cups until the desired consistency is reached. (I did like 2 and a half).
Let me just tell you, this makes a lot of icing. So what I did was I made a batch of cupcakes and then I made a loaf of cake. So..if you want you could double the cupcake recipe and do the same. Or just eat the icing..its so good.