Friday, June 27, 2014

Spring Bowl Trolls

Bok Choy Tomato Soup with Chickpeas and Quinoa 

I started cooking at home. A lot. Every meal. For about a month. 

It was exhausting and invigorating at the same time. 

Really it was kinda inspiring to see what I could come up with, what I could enjoy. At the time I had a lot of restrictions in my diet. 
Crazy restrictions like no sugar, no yeast, no fungus, no grains. 
Do you know how many foods have yeast in them? Did you know things like peanuts are a no go on this diet because they reproduce by fungus? Vinegar is a produced by yeast? Crackers have sugar in them?! Grains ferment in your stomach and feed the yeast/fungus?
WHAT?!

My breakfast in particular went to very strange, savory new places.
And through it all I documented and Instagramed (@quinoaween) and someone pointed out that I had a lot of bowls on my feed and that I should name my little chapter of Instagenre.

And so I named it Bowl Troll. 

As I eventually eased back into the world of eating out  I kinda stuck with my plant heavy bowls though and its been an amazing learning experience to think so very thuroughly about what I put into my body and what I don't. 

Flax Drizzled Green Beans and Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes

Buckwheat Cabbage Noodles with Crushed Macadamia 

Life Alive Bowl with Tahini Dressing and a Green Juice

Red Cabbage Tahini Bowl and One Strawberry 

Lemon Dill Wild Rice Stuffed Pepper

Artichoke Soup and Crusted Tofu Salad

Sneaky Spinach Chocolate Smoothie

Purple Paprika Miso



No comments: