Monday, August 9, 2010

Inspiration and Hunger Pangs

I have often been told by readers of my blog "reading your blog makes me so hungry!" Well recently I have stumbled upon and started reading some blogs that make me just flat out drool. Im absolutely one of those types of people who will buy a cookbook or follow a blog based on pictures alone - and these three blogs certainly pulled me in with their admirable snapping ability but low and behold they furnish us with tasty recipes to boot! Take a look and see what I'm talking about.
(the pictures below are pulled from the blogs I am featuring - permission was granted beforehand and the artists retain all rights)

1. 6bittersweets


I saw this picture a little while back while browsing on flickr and instantly fell in love. And what?! She has a blog to go with these lovely little treats? This self described avid baker is also practically a neighbor! Alright she lives in the neighboring state (VA) but whatever! While bittersweet tends to lean towards the sweeter side of life she also likes to cook - I am anxious to see what veggie fare she will cook up in the future - but for now I will gaze longingly at the mojito cupcakes that currently grace her blog.

2. Bakers Royale is next on the list.



Naomi at Bakers Royale makes my list because this self taught baker makes the cutest treats around. I have absolutely no patience to make my food look adorable or perfect but I have a huge amount of respect for people who do. Her pictures inspire me to wait just a few minutes more before chomping away at my creations to take a second to try to spruce the food up for the camera.

3. I have saved my favorite for last - the talented Celine S over at have cake, will travel. Why is she my favorite? Well just look at her work!



Not only are her images amazing but its all vegan and she even give us the recipe. Well...not always actually. But she has her reasons:

At the moment she is taking photos of burgers for a book she and Joni Newman are working on together. It doesn't come out until next summer but you will want this. Don't believe me? Try this on for size. Celine just posted a picture of a "masa masala burger in sweet potato bun on top of brown basmati rice, green peas and red lentils in tangy tahini dressing." Can't imagine what that looks like (but I bet you are drooling over what it SOUNDS like) take a peak at her flickr and prepare to be hungry!

In the meantime....looking for a new cookbook? I know I always am! Lets get her 500 Vegan Recipes Book!

I hope you all enjoy these blogs as much as I do!

2 comments:

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

Thanks a lot for including my blog, Lacey! I've been a longtime fan of Celine's blog but will be sure to check out the second on your list. I appreciate the recommendation :).

Lacey said...

it was my pleasure!