Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Key West Found!

Back in April I went to Miami and Key West for a week. The card with the images from Key West got lost when I came home but just this week I found them and I couldn't be happier to share the gorgeous light and sunshine that was hidden on that card.

The playful pup here is Choppa. Marty and I used Airbnb.com to find a host family to put us up for two nights and one of our welcoming hosts included Choppa, a lovable Kentucky Blue Pitbull who had no idea he was massive and tried to cuddle on the couch with me like a puppy half his size.


First things first - can we talk about the colors of Key West! Oranges, Yellows, Blues - in love.












And let's not forget to talk about the roaming roosters. I easily could have filled a day riding around on a rented trike playing paparazzi to the roosters.





As the sun started to set we headed to the main pier to check out the evenings spectacles. We were not let down.



If you haven't had the unique experience of witnessing a Cat Man performance you should put it on your list. I don't want to ruin too much of the act but suffice it to say that this French man has made it his life's work to train a den of cats to perform crazy circus tricks - which is in itself amazing - but the real draw is the man himself. You'll understand if you see his performance.


Once the sun has set there are a whole slew of performers that turn out to tantalize the tourists.


The rest of Key West was spent lounging on the beach at Bahia Honda and I also went on my first snorkeling expedition. I was a little bummed to see that all the reefs were dead but there were some very colorful fish. By the end of the two days I was ready to head back up to Miami though. I liked Key West, but I loved Miami.


Look for Where to Eat Vegan: Key West next!









No comments: