Monday, October 8, 2012

Where to Eat Vegan: RVA Vegan - Richmond, VA


There are few people in the world who I respect more than Ed Edge. He's easygoing, compassionate, selfless and he makes some mean cupcakes. This post is actually a teaser for the upcoming post I will make of Ed's business RVA Vegan - a vegan food cart company he runs in Richmond, VA. As a teaser to get me to come down to shoot for a blog post, Ed brought me these cupcakes today in the delicious flavors of Caramel Maple, Mandarin Chocolate and Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice.

When I complimented Ed on the genius of the green and yellow flower-esque beauty of his Caramel Maple cupcake he replied "Oh we don't care how it looks, it just has to taste amazing." I can absolutely vouch that it tastes amazing, hands down the best cupcake I've had.

The real reason for the fancy colors - so that they can quickly and easily tell the flavors apart when they are frantically selling them off the cart. Brilliant and gorgeous!

Expect a full post soon full of jackfruit stuff tacos, vegan hot dogs and lots and lots of cupcakes.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I've been thinking about moving to RVA. This is making the choice easier for me!

Lacey said...

Vanessa - While of course RVA is way way small and not as exciting in some ways compared to NYC I really really loved it when I went there for one of my Somewhere New months. It has some gems for sure and its close to some of your DC friends - hint hint :)
There are some amazing projects, people and lovely little streets for strolling on.