Monday, October 15, 2012

Where to Eat Vegan: Teaism - Alexandria, VA


I've written about Teaism before back when I first moved to the DC area. Since then a Teaism has opened up within walking distance to my house in Old Town Alexandria.

This means lots of tea and mochi for me on work breaks but occasionally I like to meet up with a friend and chat over a long meal. The Udon Bowl is perfect for that. Warm, hearty and super satisfying, you have to take your time to avoid slurping your soup all over. Lots of pauses for conversation lets your stomach catch up to this unassuming but hardcore filling meal.

I will say that my experience with Teaism is that their seitan is a little on the dry side for my liking. The tempeh may be a better idea for the sake of texture, if you can handle the soy. The noodles are salty and chewy - just as a good udon noodle should be and the sauce is just a tad thicker and heartier than a traditional udon.

As usual, pair it with tea and take a mochi to go - you won't have room for an eat-in dessert.


Location:

682 North Saint Asaph Street Alexandria, VA 22314
(703) 684-7777

Hours:

Mon - Thurs 7:30 am -10:00 pm
Friday 7:30 am -11:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am -11:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am -10:00 pm


2 comments:

mollyjade said...

That looks like the perfect bowl of brothy noodles!

tracks bed and breakfast said...

Good info..
nice blog,am following.
Feel free to visit and follow our blog at;
http://tracksbnb.blogspot.com