Thursday, December 5, 2013

Somewhere New: Assateague Island, VA


Sometimes the coolest places can be right in your own state. Sometimes you get too excited about traveling far away and forget that there is plenty to do right at home. 

For the month of June, Phil and I decided to take a quick overnight trip to one of the only places in the US that still supports a herd of wild ponies. There are 37 miles of beaches that you can hike, canoe or kayak to. For the adventurous you can camp back country - which was our original plan - or if you are feeling lazy - guilty - you can front country it too.

I took a few iphone pictures during the trip but mostly just enjoyed the sun and sand.

Collard Wraps and Wine for dinner





Iphonography credit goes to Phil Westcott for this one

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What part of VA are you in? I'm in Hampton Roads, and, like you, am finally getting around to exploring our own beautiful state. Love the pics, and can't wait to hit up Assateague Island myself sometime soon!

Lacey said...

Hey Crissie
I'm a couple hours from you in Alexandria VA. There is still so much I want to see in VA and your area has been on my list for a while too because of all the little islands and coastline towns. Any suggestions?