Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread



So I must have an obsession with chocolate chip cake/breads now. This one in particular I have made like 5 times already this year but while I wait for more bananas to ripen I thought I would make this. Its super easy, just like the other one, and if you like pumpkin flavored things you will love this. If I remember correctly I got this from Bread and Honey's blog, so props to those girls.

Pumpkin Pound Cake with Chocolate Chips
makes 2 loaves

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup veg or canola oil
1/2 cup applesauce
3 eggs
1 can pumpkin puree
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips (im not going to lie...i poured a whole bag in..fatty fatty)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 2 loaf pans

2. In a large bowl combine sugar, oil applesauce, eggs, and pumpkin

3. In a medium bowl stir together flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt

4. Stir dry ingredients into the wet until just mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips.

5. Spoon into the loaf pans and bake for 50-55 min.

6. Let cool 10 min before removing from the pan

1 comment:

Ms. Frances said...

A girl in my program made this during finals week last term and brought it to the rest of us who were holed-up in our building. It was absolute divinity. Thanks for the recipe!