Monday, February 2, 2009

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread



Its been a while since I posted any food related items. To be honest, I haven't been cooking with quite the same gusto as I used to, but I miss it so Im going to try to make more stuff. I tried a new recipe last week, it was a mac and cheese casserole with cauliflower and mustard in it...not a hit in our household. Luckily I was able to pass if off to the guys at work but it was a sad affair, cutting all that cauliflower only to have it taste exactly like mustard (not a fan of mustard by the way but i was trying to "expand").
Anywho! This banana bread actually turned out just right. Brian has been bugging me to make this for like...2 months now? So i finally did. I've never been a huge fan of banana bread...alright lets be honest I thought it was totally yucky - i dont eat nuts - but I knew it would make Brian happy and thus myself so I gave in and made it finally.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (this much sugar always makes me cringe and salivate simultaneously)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
whole darn bag of chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. With a wooden spoon mix the butter in to the mashed bananas in a large bowl. Mix in the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture then mix in. Add the Flour and mix.
3. Pour into buttered loafpan (8x4 or 9x5). Bake approximately one hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a rack and then remove from pan to slice and serve.

That's it. Super super easy and well worth it :)

2 comments:

Pang said...

yea, and it was super yummy too!

Anonymous said...

I've made several mac& cheese dishes that call for mustard- you definitely have to use it in extreme moderation for m&c. I like mustard a lot and still have to limit it in those recipes. Unfortunately, for nostalgia's sake, even after making really yummy fancy homemade m&c I still prefer good ol' Kraft box mix.