Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls

Cinnamon Rolls always seemed to me like they would be a time consuming process that I just didn't wana deal with...I was wrong. Totally easy.



Cinnamon Rolls
Dough:
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
2 tbsp melted butter
2 tsp veg oil
2 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp yeast

Inside icing:
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp soft butter
heavy amount of cinnamon

Outside icing:
2 tbsp soft butter
3-4 tbsp cream cheese
1/4 tsp vanilla
pinch salt
1/2 cup confectioners sugar

1. Put dough ingredients into a bowl and mix well. When smooth, mash it around a bunch (or knead it if you wana use fancy pants terms) with floured hands. When you can pat it into a ball....do so. Then put it into a floured mixing bowl and let it hang out for 15 or so.

2. Roll out the dough into a rectangle (when i did this it kept shrinking back into a circle looking rectangle. stretchy stuff! but you know...just make it big enough to slather it with icing and roll up) on a floured surface. Spread with butter and then sprinkle with the cinnamon and brown sugar. Roll it up and slice. I rolled it hotdog style but you could do hamburger style and just have like 2-4 giant ones as opposed to 6ish small ones.

3. Bake 15 min at 400 degrees...or! refrigerate them overnight..or two nights if you're lazy like me, and bake them in the morning. Also...dont bake these on tin-foil like I did. They get all stuck. Grease the pan a little before and just bake right on the sheet.

4. Combine the icing ingredients (this requires a bit of elbow grease...just stick with it) and spread it over the hot rolls




Also! I baked my last (unless I cave) batch of pumpkin flavored treat for the season. Its the same recipe I used for the chocolate chip pumpkin bread..I just made them muffin style and used a little less chocolate chips so they are a little less rich and thus easier to eat in fatty quantities.



I made 20 last night and Pang, J and I scarfed a bunch right off the bat and then I took a bunch to work today so...just from last night to this morning we are down to like 9. Yay! I love when my baked good get eaten before they go bad!

1 comment:

Tess said...

well... Jesse managed to walk behind me while reading your latest post.

Needless to say, I'll be making cinnamon rolls soon! lol :)