Saturday, June 9, 2012

Somewhere New: Coney Island - NYC



One morning before my yoga workshop Rachel and I decided to take the train out to Coney Island. Living only a few hours from Ocean City I'm certainly familiar with the antiquated beach town feel but I never pass up and excuse to eat boardwalk fries.


Coney Island is the home of Nathan's Hotdogs. Sadly they did not know I was coming and so they did not think to have a vegan hot dog waiting for me - for shame! We happily sipped lemonade and ate fries for breakfast though.


On this particular morning it seemed that Coney Island was deserted save for the beach-loving local retirees. Beach season officially started the week after we made our visit so I would wager to guess that it is vastly more populated now. Rachel and I walked down the boardwalk to the next subway stop and I stealthily photographed old people.


I was pleasantly surprised to find some Os Gemeos murals just outside the subway stop.


No comments: