Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Where to Eat Vegan: Lan Cafe - East Village, NYC



Lan Cafe is a vegan Vietnamese place tucked into "Little India" in East Village. Bordered on all sides by the wafting smells of curry and naan, this tiny restaurant wouldn't have caught my eye at all if I hadn't been looking for it.



After the heavy burritos of the morning it was nice to relax with an avocado smoothie and some summer rolls and to watch people walk by the window.



For my main meal I opted for a bahn-mi-esque baguette with seitan, carrots, cucumbers and cilantro. Despite eating a giant baguette this meal still felt light and satisfying.



Rachel made an awesome choice of rice noodles, carrots and bean curd.



Overall our meal was filling and well priced and I could see this being a casual hangout that I would go to to get away from the crowds and just have a simple, well prepared meal.

Location:

342 E 6th St
(Btwn 1st & 2nd Ave)
New York, NY 10003

No comments: