Friday, July 6, 2012

Where to Eat Vegan: Fuel - Memphis, TN


I only got to spend part of a day in Memphis but it seems that the one day we chose was the day everything shuts down in town. I had a list of 11 vegan friendly places in Memphis and Imagine Cafe was the only fully vegan place in Memphis but unfortunately there would be no mac and cheese for me on this day as the cafe was closed.

Luckily Fuel was open. Set up in an old converted garage (they were the first garage in town back in the day and serviced Model T's) this joint serves plenty of vegan options with all the fixin's.


Rachel and I both got the vegan quinoa chili topped with Daiya cheese and vegan sour cream and then we split the veggie burger and fries.

Although the veggie burger wasn't anything amazing (needed a sauce or perhaps some chunky mushrooms or caramelized onions thrown in there) I very much appreciated that the vegan things on this menu were planned vegan - not just vegetarian things that I could eat if I left off the cheese.

The service here was wonderful and our food came out quickly. No complaints!


For the dessert they have vegan floats!

Location:

Fuel Cafe - 1761 Madison Memphis, TN 38104 - (901) 725-9025

Hours:

Tuesday - Friday : Lunch 11:00am - 2:30pm / Dinner 5 pm - 9:30pm

Saturday : Brunch 11:00am- 3:00pm / Dinner 5pm - 10:00pm

Sunday, Monday: Closed







No comments: