As soon as I finished eating my cheesy yesterday the sun came out! It must have heard my cries..of course the sun also came out just as I was getting ready to go to work. Curse you sun! Today was a lovely pre-fall feeling day though so I was happy again.
I had time before class today so I whipped up some of these.
I had been wanting to make them for a while because I love yogurt (even though its gives me a tummy ache, Im dairy sensitive) and I have grown more and more fond of honey/agave nectar the more I use them. These turned out quite yummy but I think I should have thrown in a small handful of dried cranberries to sweeten things up a bit. But I love how these are good for me, will give me a little energy boost and wont make me want to eat all of them in one sitting.
Yogurt and Honey Muffins (The Cookie and Biscuit Bible
4 tbsp butter
5 tbsp honey (i prefer raw honey but Im sure it doesn't matter)
1 cup plain yogurt
grated rind of one lemon
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of grated nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and grease muffin tins
2. In a sauce pan, melt better and honey, remove from heat and set aside
3. In a bowl whisk together the yogurt, egg, lemon rind, and lemon juice. Add the butter and honey mixture.
4. In different bowl sift together the flours, baking soda and nutmeg. Fold into yogurt mixture until just blended.
5. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 min. Leave in tin to cool for 5 min then transfer to wire rack.
I paired my muffin with a mixed berry jam :) Don't worry Jon I will bring some with me tomorrow.