Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Apples to Apples

Have I mentioned that I've been somewhat over consuming baked goods lately? Have I mentioned that banana bread and pumpkin bread are not to be had here? Have I mentioned that the most popular filling for treats is apple?



The morning after the Frairies des Petits Ventres there was an open air market in the Place de Mottes that was called Les Goutes de Haute-Vienne. A taste testing market if you will. Jams, wines, breads, fruits, veggies, candies, sausages (leftovers anyone?) and of course baked treats.



I just had to try the apple shaped apple tart thingy. The lady in front of me took all the light ones and I ended up with this slightly burnt one, but Im not one to discriminate when it comes to treats.



I was awesome. Pretty much a self contained apple pie. Crispy, buttery, flakey, outside and mushy, cinamonny inside. I believe they were called Buchons.

No comments: